Consumers today are inspired to purchase by two seemingly conflicting motivators. First, consumers’ pocketbooks, still very much affected by the state of the economy over the past few years, continue to inspire conservative purchasing. At the same time, today’s consumers are beginning to feel they’ve pinched pennies long enough. They’re tired of always skimping on indulgences and generally making do with less.
As a retailer, you find yourself facing a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. How to connect your brand message and make a loyal customer of a shopper who believes they shouldn’t spend too much and at the same time wants to feel like they’re treating themselves to some of the niceties they’ve been denying themselves during this economic downturn.
To download this paper as a PDF, please complete this brief form.
- What It Takes to Go From 10 to 100 Locations
- Are West Coast Convenience Stores Missing an Opportunity in QSR?
- Grocery's Size Problem: The Ideal Square Footage
- Manifesting Your Brand into a Physical Space: Focusing on the Customer Experience
- 2016 Consumer Study: Online, In-Store, and Everything In-Between
- Non-Traditional Retailers Creating Retail Experience
- Study: Consumer Response to Environment
- The Incredible Shrinking Expansion
- Viability of Blurring Retail Categories
- JWT Intelligence - Retail Rebooted
- Happy Holidays From KRS
- Study: Traditional Retail Categories Are Blurring
- Convenience Store News - Exclusive
- Study: Tapping Into the Value of Farmers Markets
- Shopper Insights Study: Close Look at Convenience Stores
- 2015 Consumer Study: Evolving Attitudes On When, Where, and How We Shop
- Shopper Insights Study: Close Look at Fast Food Restaurants
- 2017 Liquor Law Changes: How Has Your State Been Affected?
- Attracting The Right Franchisees