Out of kitty litter? Need a new pair of shoes? With the click of a button, any grocery staples you notice are running low, or items you have been eyeing for weeks will conveniently show up on your doorstep, and all you have to do is log-on and order from your living room couch… ideally in your sweatpants. The ease of online shopping is incredibly appealing for most, but as the shift to online retailing has increased, and the number of shopping options at your fingertips expands- the younger generations trust it less. Disillusioned by fake merchandise and digital advertisements, Gen Z’ers, and even some Millennials are reverting to brick and mortar locations for a customized shopping experience. Increasingly influenced by “influencers” and shopping local, the young consumers are seeking quality goods that they can look at and feel, before making the purchasing decision. So, what does that mean if you are an online-only retailer? It’s time to think about the physical space and the increasingly cool customer experiences retailers are using to entice their customers.
To download this paper as a PDF, please complete this brief form.
- Attracting The Right Franchisees
- What It Takes to Go From 10 to 100 Locations
- Are West Coast Convenience Stores Missing an Opportunity in QSR?
- Grocery's Size Problem: The Ideal Square Footage
- Progressive Grocer - April 2018: Store of the Month, Jewel-Osco
- PG Web Extra: Progressive Grocer - April 2018: Store of the Month, Jewel-Osco
- How C-Stores Are Stealing Customers from Grocery Stores
- Progressive Grocer - June 2017: Store of the Month, Fairway
- CSP: 25 Great C-Store Designs
- 2016 Consumer Study: Online, In-Store, and Everything In-Between
- VMSD - 2016 Look Book
- Shopper Insights Study: Close Look at Fast Food Restaurants
- Shopper Insights Study: Close Look at Convenience Stores
- 2015 Consumer Study: Evolving Attitudes On When, Where, and How We Shop
- Convenience Store News - Refueling Center of the Future
- KRS Expanding East With Cincinnati Design/Build Office
- The Bilateral Shopper. We Are Someone Else When We Shop Online.
- Study: Tapping Into the Value of Farmers Markets
- ROI of Store Design - Branding
- ROI of Store Design - Space Planning & Design
- ROI of Store Design - Integrity in Rollout
- The New Retail Frontier - Adding Locations Is Just One of Many Options
- VMSD - Mile High Style
- PG Web Extra: Design Secrets of Fairway’s Georgetown Store
- What Are Your C-Store Consistency Challenges? We Want To Know.
- 2017 Liquor Law Changes: How Has Your State Been Affected?
- How to Create a Cult Following for Your QSR Chain