New Study: Research Shows When, Where, and How U.S. Consumers Shop is Evolving Both Online and In-Store
The third annual Consumer Insights research survey conducted by retail design firm King Retail Solutions (“KRS”) in collaboration with A.R.E. | POPAI The New Association (the global, non-profit association dedicated to enhancing the total shopper experience), highlights the continued evolution of category blurring across retail channels. The survey sampled over 1,200 diverse U.S. residents including Millennials, Gen X’ers and Baby Boomers about their shopping habits and attitudes toward a multitude of retail sources. With three years of data available, the focus this year is on YOY analysis, new trends, and illustrating ongoing shifts in consumer preferences.
KRS’ annual survey offers unique insights into U.S. shoppers’ habits and centers on several key categories, as well as demonstrates how attitudes have evolved over the past three years in areas such as:
- Category Blurring (ex. purchasing a fresh prepared meal at a convenience store)
- Buying Online for In-Store Pickup
- Retail Subscription Services
- In-Store Experience Preferences
- Retailer Use of In-Store Mobile Tracking
Once again, the 2016 survey dives into the growing trend of category blurring. Quality and selection continue to increase in importance for purchases of fresh meals, groceries, and apparel. A new area of attention for the 2016 survey was a focus on Special Occasion purchases, noted as a growing trend for a wide variety of retailers.
The study also provides in-depth analysis of how key demographic variances (age, sex, family status, income levels) play a role in practices and attitudes.
To download KRS' study results, "Consumer Insights 2016" please fill out this brief form.
- Attracting The Right Franchisees
- What It Takes to Go From 10 to 100 Locations
- Are West Coast Convenience Stores Missing an Opportunity in QSR?
- Grocery's Size Problem: The Ideal Square Footage
- Progressive Grocer - April 2018: Store of the Month, Jewel-Osco
- PG Web Extra: Progressive Grocer - April 2018: Store of the Month, Jewel-Osco
- Manifesting Your Brand into a Physical Space: Focusing on the Customer Experience
- How C-Stores Are Stealing Customers from Grocery Stores
- Progressive Grocer - June 2017: Store of the Month, Fairway
- CSP: 25 Great C-Store Designs
- VMSD - 2016 Look Book
- Shopper Insights Study: Close Look at Fast Food Restaurants
- Shopper Insights Study: Close Look at Convenience Stores
- 2015 Consumer Study: Evolving Attitudes On When, Where, and How We Shop
- Convenience Store News - Refueling Center of the Future
- KRS Expanding East With Cincinnati Design/Build Office
- The Bilateral Shopper. We Are Someone Else When We Shop Online.
- Study: Tapping Into the Value of Farmers Markets
- ROI of Store Design - Branding
- ROI of Store Design - Space Planning & Design
- ROI of Store Design - Integrity in Rollout
- The New Retail Frontier - Adding Locations Is Just One of Many Options
- VMSD - Mile High Style
- PG Web Extra: Design Secrets of Fairway’s Georgetown Store
- What Are Your C-Store Consistency Challenges? We Want To Know.
- 2017 Liquor Law Changes: How Has Your State Been Affected?
- How to Create a Cult Following for Your QSR Chain