New Study: Research Shows When, Where, and How U.S. Consumers Shop is Evolving Both Online and In-Store
The third annual Consumer Insights research survey conducted by retail design firm King Retail Solutions (“KRS”) in collaboration with A.R.E. | POPAI The New Association (the global, non-profit association dedicated to enhancing the total shopper experience), highlights the continued evolution of category blurring across retail channels. The survey sampled over 1,200 diverse U.S. residents including Millennials, Gen X’ers and Baby Boomers about their shopping habits and attitudes toward a multitude of retail sources. With three years of data available, the focus this year is on YOY analysis, new trends, and illustrating ongoing shifts in consumer preferences.
KRS’ annual survey offers unique insights into U.S. shoppers’ habits and centers on several key categories, as well as demonstrates how attitudes have evolved over the past three years in areas such as:
- Category Blurring (ex. purchasing a fresh prepared meal at a convenience store)
- Buying Online for In-Store Pickup
- Retail Subscription Services
- In-Store Experience Preferences
- Retailer Use of In-Store Mobile Tracking
Once again, the 2016 survey dives into the growing trend of category blurring. Quality and selection continue to increase in importance for purchases of fresh meals, groceries, and apparel. A new area of attention for the 2016 survey was a focus on Special Occasion purchases, noted as a growing trend for a wide variety of retailers.
The study also provides in-depth analysis of how key demographic variances (age, sex, family status, income levels) play a role in practices and attitudes.
To download KRS' study results, "Consumer Insights 2016" please fill out this brief form.
- Manifesting Your Brand into a Physical Space: Focusing on the Customer Experience
- Understanding Today's Shopper
- Non-Traditional Retailers Creating Retail Experience
- Study: Consumer Response to Environment
- The Incredible Shrinking Expansion
- Viability of Blurring Retail Categories
- JWT Intelligence - Retail Rebooted
- Happy Holidays From KRS
- Study: Traditional Retail Categories Are Blurring
- Convenience Store News - Exclusive
- Study: Tapping Into the Value of Farmers Markets
- Shopper Insights Study: Close Look at Convenience Stores
- 2015 Consumer Study: Evolving Attitudes On When, Where, and How We Shop
- Shopper Insights Study: Close Look at Fast Food Restaurants
- 2017 Liquor Law Changes: How Has Your State Been Affected?