This feature "Convenience Can Change Its Stripes" appears in the January 2014 issue of Convenience Store News on small format fresh market Green Zebra (Portland). The store, designed and built by KRS, may be small but it makes a big impact in shaping the grocery of the future. Built and operated with sustainability in mind, the store offers major fresh, local, organic fare, including a seasonal menu deli and beer and kombucha growler bar.
KRS' Christopher Studach was interviewed for his work on the retail space.
"It's a 'throwback' to classic neighborhood stores, but with the very distinct flavor of Green Zebra."
To view the Green Zebra case study and additional portfolio, click here.
- Progressive Grocer - April 2018: Store of the Month, Jewel-Osco
- PG Web Extra: Progressive Grocer - April 2018: Store of the Month, Jewel-Osco
- CSP: 25 Great C-Store Designs
- Progressive Grocer - June 2017: Store of the Month, Fairway
- PG Web Extra: Design Secrets of Fairway’s Georgetown Store
- Retail Leader - How Much is a Facelift Worth?
- Progressive Grocer, ARE, and others cover KRS' Consumer Survey
- VMSD - Mile High Style
- Design Lodge - Influence the Customer, Dominate the Market
- One Step Retail Solutions - Feature
- Entrepreneur - A Sneak Peek at the Store of the Future
- Pizza Today - The Price of a Remodel
- Travel + Leisure - America's Worst Airports
- VMSD - The Goods
- Business Insider - Store of the Future
- SoLoMo Webinar - Marketing 2.0 for Retailers
- Portland State Panel: Tomorrow's Leaders
- New H.Y. Louie Concept: Fresh St. Market in West Vancouver
- The Register-Guard - Where Craft is King
- CEO Blog Nation - Should You be a Business Rebel?
- DDi - GlobalShop Speaker Sound Bites
- Progressive Grocer - 2013 Retail Design Awards
- Retail Leader - Channel-Blurring, Price-Matching
- C-Store Canada - Design for the Bottom Line
- Designing the Future
- B of A Small Business - Culture, Fit, and Aptitude
- JWT Intelligence - Retail Rebooted
- Retail Leader - Make Way for the Millennials
- Chain Store Age - Stores of the Future
- CSNews - Store of the Month MyGoods Market Takes Flight
- Retail Design Blog - Green Zebra Portland
- Video Tour - 2013 Retail Design Award Winners
- Retail Design Institute - 43rd Annual Int'l Store Design Awards
- VMSD - 2014 Look Book
- Convenience Store News - Exclusive
- KRS Hitting Chicago Like a Produce Truck
- Business Insider - What the Grocery Store of the Future Will Look Like
- Retail Leader - 2014 Trends Survey, From Recession to... Who Knows?
- KRS Speaking at SEGD, DC. Solving the Designer's Dilemma
- KRS Expanding East With Cincinnati Design/Build Office
- Convenience Store News - Refueling Center of the Future
- Innovating the Box - KRS Speaking at Furniture Today Leadership Conference
- VMSD - 2015 Look Book
- Shopper Insights Study: Close Look at Convenience Stores
- 2015 Consumer Study: Evolving Attitudes On When, Where, and How We Shop
- Store Brands Magazine - Give Them Reasons to Return
- KRS Expands Creative Team
- Progressive Grocer - Design Plus
- Retail Touchpoints - Special Report
- VMSD - 2016 Look Book
- Décor Reseller - How POP Displays Contribute to a Store's Success
- Grocery Business - The Store of the Future